Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Daily Something

I've tried to keep up with the "daily something" project. But it seems like it's turned into a weekly (or something like that) something. We had open house tonight. Of course the parents that you really want to see don't show up. I had the pleasure of chatting with some parents, but most especially with the parents of one of my reading students from last year. He's now in my second grade homeroom. His mother had said that she was so thankful to know that he was in my homeroom this year. Being his teacher for Reading last year really made a difference academically and behaviorally for their son. Nic is a very bright little boy, but he needed discipline and lots of encouragement and motivation to push just a little further than what he was capable of. His parents felt that he got that from me. Warmed my heart to hear it. It put a ray of sunshine on a very cloudy day.

No comments: