Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I feel like I'm drowning

I don't know what it is about the beginning of this school year, but I feel like I'm drowning and I'm not even swimming! Talking to some colleagues, it's ironic that we all feel the same way. I feel like I'm starting from ground zero... maybe this summer was too long for the kids (it certainly wasn't long enough for me). Then I was having problems with ONE teacher not taking my homeroom students who are in her reading class. They're supposed to go to her class after Language. My reading class goes to lunch after Language. Her class doesn't go till a half hour later. She needed clarification, something in black and white. Even after I showed her, IN BLACK AND WHITE AND VARIOUS COLORS, the schedule and what was supposed to happen after Language she still needed clarification and basically kicked me out of her classroom. I had to call in the big guns. This is the second altercation with her this year and we've only been in school since August 12th! Someone had to stand guard outside her classroom today to make sure I got my Reading kids in my lunch line and my homeroom kids into her Reading class. It's so stressful to be working next to someone who is so combative. I'm hoping that within the next few days, things start to get into groove and I don't feel like I'm sinking in quicksand!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I love the song you have playing. it so touching.
Sorry you are having trouble already with your school. Hopefully it will get better.
I'm sure Christmas will be here before you know it so you will have a break! :)