Sunday, November 30, 2008

Busy weekend!

It's the last day of the month...I feel like I've done more in the last 4 days than I have in the past month! On Wednesday I came home from work, headed to the gym and then the grocery store. I scored a parking spot so it wasn't super busy. Headed home to shower and then back out to the airport to get Auntie Margaret. Had dinner with her.

Up EARLY on Thursday morning to make the stuffing. We don't stuff the bird with the stuffing in our family! I make it so that the yucky stuff like raisins and celery don't sneak their way in. Uncle Jimmy called from Minnesota. Then Dominic called from Arizona. Went to church. Came home for a bit so Auntie Margaret could make the red rice. Caught up on email and message boards and missed a called from Auntie Anna in Hawaii.

We went to Mark's for lunch. TWO turkeys, TWO hams, TWO pans of stuffing, a pork roast, a pot roast, mashed potatoes, red rice, potato salad, mixed veggies, red velvet cake, pumpkin pie from Capricciosa, rum cake. We ate the last of the leftovers yesterday.

Went to my friend Christine's for dinner. I go there every year. I ate mussels. sweet corn and strawberry parfait. Everything else was IFFY... no clue if the sauces her mom used had MSG because all the bottles got thrown out before Christine could check. We played Guesstures and Dance dance revolution. When I was leaving, the Borjas waved me over to their house. We played Wii rock band, boxing and bowling.

Friday morning, I was awakened at 7:45am by a screaming Jacob. FUN. Not the best way to start the day. Lucas and Jacob spent the day with us... had some Maddie Gosselin moments there. Auntie Patty and the 4 big kids came to help eat the leftovers. Took Lucas with me to get my check and he fell asleep in the car. A 30 minute nap for him. I was SOOOO tired. He let me take a 30 min. nap. He totally watched me sleep! Then he needed to pee and then he was hungry. I should be thankful for those 30 minutes! He was picked up at 5pm. John tried to pawn sick JB off on me so he and Diana could go to a movie. NO THANKS!

*I* went to the movies by myself. Saw "Four Christmases". It was hilarious and sad at the same time.

Saturday was errand day. Another pan of stuffing to make for the church's fiesta celebration. Mass at at four so we had to get ready pretty early. Came home and picked up Maria and Lucas for Juliet's wedding. I fell asleep before 10pm!

Full week of work this week...sigh...

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hey Girl...Miss chatting with you. Hope all is well with you and your family. Hugs