Saturday, February 07, 2009

Bring it on...challenges

Dalis posted a link to We Kit U Not's Challenge Blog on The Scrapping Spot's message board. I was intrigued by the concept and wanted to give it a go. This challenge was to use some kind of embossing, dry or wet. Since I usually need all 10 of my fingers to heat emboss and having only 9 to use at the moment (I still have all 10 fingers, but that story is for another day), I opted for dry embossing. I broke out my newest cuttlebug embossing folder and my trusty original sizzix machine and went to town. Using the now sold out TSS February 2009 kit, I made this layout:



See that piece of kraft cardstock? That went through the sizzix machine in the cuttlebug embossing folder. I then inked it with chalk ink and used it to layer under my pictures. I also took a sharpie white marker and colored the AC plastic shapes...they were PINK!

Products used in this layout:
TSS February 2009 kit {papers and cardstock, flowers, black floss, brad, center kisses, letters for "not"; and a scrap piece of gold cardstock from the December kit}, Stampin' Up scallop border punch, kraft cardstock, "Nadiya" alpha stamps and library stamp from Studio Calico, sharpie white marker, and American crafts plastic shapes {}.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for playing along. The Cuttlebug folder you have used is my favourite. Love how subtle yet effective it is placed on your layout!

*Fienchen* said...

What a wonderful LO ! I like all the fresh Colour !
Thanks for playing along.
Petra

lisa said...

What a cute LO,those photos are adorable.
Thanks for playing.
lis x

scrapperia said...

Cute and gorgeous LO - and I feel myself compelled to order this Cuttlebug embossing folder a few days ago... :o)