Friday, January 08, 2010

The photographer is IN!

I'm taking an online photography class with Karen Russell through her website "Snapshots of a Good Life." I signed up for it back in June while I was on vacation. In fact, I was visiting Shannon and Mark and their little family when I finally was able to secure a spot in one of the classes. It cost A LOT of money, but it's money worth spending if I come away learning even one-fourth of what my camer can do. My binder came a few months ago and I've been waiting to fill it up, yet I haven't printed out a single page. BUT, like the good student that I am, I've read all the lessons!

I've had my Canon XSi for a year now, bought after months of careful research. Since then, over 5,000 shots have been captured on that camera. Some were pure duds....okay, a lot were pure duds. Some were multiple shots of the same thing or person (hard to put a handle on that when the camera gets handed over to the reluctant-to-be-photographed teenagers).

So far, I don't feel inundated with information. Can't wait to start see what else is in store.

No comments: