Thursday, July 08, 2010

Let your imagination run wild

It's a double post kind of day! The thing about being on vacation...one day kind of blends with the other. I usually don't know what day it is unless I consult the Blackberry and I only wear a watch to go to Mass. So, buying that new watch at the start of summer was kind of pointless. But, I digress. I've been working on my 7 Gypsies Artist Printer's Tray for a while now. It's kind of driven me crazy that it hung incomplete, but I was waiting for some pictures (pictures I JUST took a few days ago and one I borrowed from my cousin's wife's facebook page). But, I had to start using it to rationalize buying the 7 Gypsies receipt holder.

























I edited the pictures in PSE 6.0 for Mac using Coffee Shop Creamy Chocolate BW. I realize that there is PINK in this tray. I was using an old add on kit from Studio Calico and well, pink doesn't give me the heebie jeebies that it once did.

I also jump started the July Scrap your Stash challenges at The Scrapping Spot this week. Challenge #1: sketch it involves using a sketch AND some sort of stitching.




I used the July Work In Progress kit and the Sunday sketch from Studio Calico. I don't sew. So, my sewing machine is a very simple. I've been tempted to get one that has at least a zig zag stitch since I can neither cut nor sew a straight line, but I really don't see myself sewing much beyond a layout.

No comments: