Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Daily December 8

Today is the feast of the Immaculate Conception, a local holiday for us. I had an appointment with my doctor. Perfect timing since I've been sick since last week and I've been thinking an ear infection is inevitable.

It sucks to be me right now. I do have an ear infection...in both ears. I'm also not slightly anemic as the nurse led me to believe three weeks ago when she called. I'm extremely anemic. If this had been 20 years ago, I would have been given a blood transfusion. Oh did that bring tears to my eyes! The thought of someone else's blood in my body skeeves me out. Instead, I walked out of the clinic with a prescription for Bactrim (for my ears) and iron pills which I have to take 3 times a day WITH orange juice for a month. I'm not a big fan of juice so this will be a stretch. Wondering if I heard any good news today?!?!? The rest of my lab work was awesome. I don't have high cholesterol, diabetes, kidney or liver problems. Small consolation.

No comments: