Monday, May 30, 2011

catching up

i didn't get to create any layouts this week. hate to sound like a broken record, but...i have been super busy. spent another saturday working most of the day. went to Mass and dinner. took a short nap and headed to the airport. my uncle decided to spend his two-week vacation here. alone. nice. i actually like it when he's here...i get a live-in mommy sitter. we get along great. his family gets a break from him and we get all the good, bad and ugly that he doesn't email about. my mom loves it when her brother is here because he buys all the crap food i won't buy. and it's a nice change of pace to seeing only her sisters. plus, underneath all the gruffness lies a big ol' softie. all bark. no bite. i actually leave for north carolina a few days before he leaves for home. that's what happens when he decides at the last minute to get on the plane and come this way. gotta love non-rev flights. so i get to actually see all the friends i've been neglecting this week. i know they still love me. and are just a bit jealous that my job makes me travel.

we did the family barbecue last night. i was busy getting chicken marinated and red rice made while sneaking in a much needed nap that i didn't have time to be emotional over the fact that yesterday was my grandmother's 11th death anniversary. not that i don't think of her often. because i do.

i worked this afternoon so having the bbq today would have not been a good idea. it actually worked out because my uncle took my mom and me to dinner tonight and that wouldn't have happened if we had a massively huge lunch! then I got free green tea ice cream at cold stone from my cousin zach. sweet!

this week will continue to be busy while we try to put this public health grant to bed. come hell or high water, it will be finished before i leave work on monday afternoon. never mind that my boss upped the ante on high levels of stress by going to a meeting in hawaii for the next three days. her boss said, jump. she had to say, how high? i said, oh geez. but my boss was nice enough to call from another work trip to break the news to me first-hand. how many bosses give their minions a heads up??

i'm actually looking forward to going to work tomorrow. all this crap food at home ain't helping the tight pants. can we say, hello, salads??

hope your memorial day was a good one.

No comments: