- work trip with my boss to Washington, D.C.
- eating sushi and pasta (not at the same time) with my friend John in Virginia
- visit to North Carolina for a training
- visit to Providence, RI for a conference
- eating at the Cheesecake Factory in NC
- trip to Madrid, Spain via Korea for World Youth Day 2011 with side trips to Fatima, Portugal; Avila and Burgos
- teaching a class geared towards foster parents and child caregivers
- a secretary who knew what she was doing (of course I knew she could step up to the plate because I stole her from the school I used to work at)
I had some stress...
- writing 2 grants for a home visiting program set to begin in 2012
- early mornings (4am is an insane time to begin working, but at least i could do it in pjs)
- late nights...working after 5pm sometimes till 8 or so
- deadlines on EST and figuring out what time that was in ChST. Lots of triple checking with the time and date website
- putting together power point presentations and compiling resources for my first class
- a health issue that I won't have news about till January
I had some big changes (I hate changes)...
- the realization that a two-month summer break was no longer in my life
- falling off the exercise and good eating wagon (going step back on that wagon in 2012)
- the auntie moving home after 9 years (finally! but, this change I like)
- the selling of my silver V-6 4 runner (the 'Nerds finally have reliable transportation)
- the buying of my salsa red pearl 4 cyl. 4 runner (3 months earlier than planned)
- taking time off means signing a leave form
I experienced some sadness...
- the loss of relatives during the holiday season
- the loss of a dream for a family member (maybe loss is a strong word...postponement, maybe?)
Even with all the stress and the sadness and the big changes, I still have much to look forward to in 2012...
- the birth of my newest nephew in February
- the excitement of seeing all that hard work of grant writing pay off when the home visiting program gets started
- getting back on the eating well and moving more wagon
- seeing what matchmaking Cupid can do
- the wedding of my cousin Jes in August