Saturday, February 11, 2012

Documenting | A Day in the Life

On Wednesday, I joined Ali Edwards and loads of scrappers in "A Day in the Life." Put simply, you take note and take pictures of the things that happen that day from sun up to lights out. It so happened that I took the day off to be at my mom's oral surgery.

I decided to use an Amy Tangerine Day Book from her inagural line. I had intended to use this particular one on something else, but suffice it to say it wasn't worth the beauty that is this book so I had to do some covering up.

Front cover:

Without the overlay. I misted the cover with Studio Calico Mister Huey's in Barnwood and cut the "Wednesday" word with my Silhouette Cameo. I used Ranger distress ink in Tea Dye on the outline.

Some cover up here... used both sets of the Amy Tangerine washi tapes and the gray asterisk washi tape from an old Studio Calico kit.

Ali shared a freebie file on Wednesday. I used the Silhouette cameo to cut it and used more Amy Tangerine washi tapes.

Used some Amy Tangerine Bits and remarks stickers. I also found old Jillibean Soup arrows and used one here.


Not exactly the breakfast of champions, but I was still half asleep since I was dressed AND ready to go right around the time I usually get out of bed.

More paper surgery here...




I printed a copy of the documentation sheets Ali shared last year for "A Week in the Life" and cut it apart to put into the book. I also used some silhouette cuts to dress up the front of the envelope in the middle of the book.


No pictures for the hours between 12 and 4 pm... I did nothing productive.


At the gym...waiting for Body Combat to begin!

I re-colored and printed a Life Stacks digital brush by Ali and put it in my book.

That's all folks!

Thank you, Ali, for sharing your great ideas with us. It helps me document my life...how ever boring (or not) it may be.

In other news...


My cousin Jamie and her two children are heading back to Sydney, Australia after having been here for two months. I made this card using the January Studio Calico "County Fair" kit. The airplane was cut using an Amy Tangerine shape on my silhouette cameo. I also cut the words "see ya!" with the cameo and used the negative as a mask. Cloud stamps came from an old Studio Calico kit.

No comments: