Sunday, March 11, 2012

Project Life Year 38 | Weeks 11 and 12


I've shocked myself immensely by the fact that I've kept up with Project Life for 12 weeks now. THREE WHOLE MONTHS. My life may not be exciting, but in a few years it will be fun to look back on this year of my life and see what life was like before the big 4 oh. I've blacked out the faces of anyone not me in these pictures. believe me when i say they're cute and lovable.

Week 11
work on a saturday at the mall...oh how i hate the mall. i lasted all of 2 hours and told my co-worker i was DONE. aiden came for a visit. i was amused by my high score on bejeweled blitz.


march began this week so i put in a divider. i actually went back and made dividers for january and february. just a few cuts with the cameo and paper.

the other side of week eleven...something i made with the cameo for a friend. i don't know what the saying means, but i did it anyway. lunch to say good-bye to one of our students. savoring those girl scout cookies and found it ironic the words on the cookies. a picture of my hutch covered with post its...me thinks i need a rolodex.

week 12


aiden was baptized this week. we had family lunch at my house in honor of aiden's baptism. the finding of aiden's pictures all over facebook.
i found that "as seen on facebook" printable here.


another parent training in one of the low-income communities. the pile of giveaway bags slowly dwindles in my office. my secretary went on maternity leave this week and i sat at her work station one day. coveting her shoe tape dispenser. discovering i don't tweet as much after taking a screen shot of my recent tweets. receiving a picture of 6-day-old madden, my secretary's baby. found the "as seen on pinterest" here.

the quotes i use on my pages come from my pins on pinterest. i used the February and March kits from Studio Calico. i also used the SC PL awesome stamps for week 12. Ali Edwards digi brushes and stamps. Old SC die cut tags. some other printables probably linked on my pinterest board for project life.

***

my studio calico february kits sat untouched for a bit. i did use bits and pieces on my PL spreads, but for the most part i was looking for some mojo to come my way. i knew i wanted to use a picture of aiden. i knew i wanted to cut something out with my cameo, but it took a while to figure out how i wanted it all to look.

using the blackout font, i put this sc paper on the mat and went to town. i printed out a picture of aiden with my pivi printer and the layout came together. i used some classic calico and warm calico to make the splatters.

my godsister had worn a dress with a similar print to one of the february papers so i used a picture of her and one of her sister to make this layout. i made pinwheel flowers with that printed paper and some dear lizzy epoxy stickers. i also used the whole package of sequins!

my march kit came this week. kinsey wilson had posted her silhouette triangle cut file on her blog and i wanted to use it on a layout. i also used the stamps from the illustrated and narrative add ons.

4 comments:

shire said...

great stuff :)
I like the design of your third layout..that is really interesting!
Greetings from germany
Inga

Lilith Eeckels said...

Great layouts and love your PL!

Kelly said...

Love your PL pages and your layouts are fantastic xxx

MAGDALENA said...

Yes, that triangle layout is FUN! You did great being inspired by it. I will do a lift of this one too once my kit arrives.