- Mid-quarter progress reports sent out a mere couple of weeks before report cards were to be distributed. Talk about extra work!
- Report cards filled out...waiting for grades from other teachers is the worst! It is was just me posting grades, I would have been done the day after our cut-off date.
- Two field trips to finalize and go on. We watched "Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian" and went bowling. Two different days.
- Last day of school craziness. Out of 24 students, only 13 showed up for the last day. Didn't bother me one bit. I still had report cards to finish. I let the kids watch a DVD on the computer, play with random things and just hang out. They played musical chairs WITHOUT music. HOW? Someone hummed some tunes. It was fun to hear and see them be inventive. We did the annual bus wave-off. In the hot sun. I was not amused.
- Finished all my work on the last work day by 10am and I had to stick around till 2pm. Where's the justice there??!?!
And no, you didn't read wrong. I am taking a class. It's a five-day three-credit class that I'm taking for teacher recertification. My certification expires in 2012, but I don't want to wait till the last minute to get those classes done. Plus, it's hard to find a three-credit class for $60. Not a lot of scrapping done lately. Waiting for a shutterfly order...must be swimming its way to me.