Friday, June 12, 2009

Through the Lens

I thought it was time I learned a little more about my Canon XSi so I signed up for this class at Debbie Hodge's Get It Scrapped site. I've printed lesson 1 and got started with taking some pictures. All the subjects were at school or at home so I had no human specimens to shoot. I took a toy car and went outside. First lesson was on focal points.

Assignment 1:

IMG_3298
Center Focus

IMG_3299
Far right focus--if there's a fancy name for it, I have no clue!

IMG_3301
Center focus--recomposed left. At least that is what I think it is. I focus on the car with the shutter button halfway down and then moved over to the left.

IMG_3302
Center focus--recomposed right.

Extra Credit:

IMG_3300
Used one of those foreign buttons on my camera and it didn't explode!! Back button focus.

For all of these pictures, I used a 50mm 1.8 lens on program mode (a new mode for me!!!). Couldn't do assignment 2 as the kidlets were conspicuously absent and the livestock was not moving under the shady tree.

No comments: