Friday, January 01, 2010

One Little Word 2010

Ali Edwards has the best ideas! From "A week in my life" to "one little word" to "december daily", each project has meaning. They keep me in the moment. They keep me real.

It's the start of a new year. Time to pick my word for the year. In 2007, my word was "RESOLVE". In 2008, I picked "HOPE". Last year, I chose "EMBRACE". For the last few days, I've been contemplating my word for 2010.

2010 will be all about optimism.

op⋅ti⋅mism

–noun

1. a disposition or tendency to look on the more favorable side of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome.
2. the belief that good ultimately predominates over evil in the world.
3. the belief that goodness pervades reality.
4. the doctrine that the existing world is the best of all possible worlds.

Too often I fall prey to the glass half empty team. It becomes some sort of self-fulfilling prophecy for me. This year, I am wholeheartedly going to try and see the glass as half full. I have lots to be optimistic about.

1 comment:

Jill Felker said...

Damn. Now you're leaving my pessimism team. NOW what am I supposed to do? LOL!