Tuesday, August 10, 2010

First day of school....2010

Today marked the first day of school year 2010-2011. I was sleepy by noon! I had a few students in the same boat, but at least I wasn't falling asleep at my desk. My feet were hurting by the end of the day and I was literally dragging myself to the car. As tired as I was, I knew that I wouldn't be able to survive a rigorous workout at the gym. As it is, I'm forcing myself to stay awake a little while longer so that I don't wake up at 3am like I did Monday morning.

I was up at 5:30am. Usually that's totally unheard of in my vocabulary (unless I'm traveling). After a quick stop to coffee at McDonald's since the decaf at home would NOT cut it today, I was at work by 6:45am! We all hit the ground running by 7:45. Out of 22 students, 1 showed up late and 3 were absent. First day assembly for 4th and 5th graders was at 8:30. We spent the rest of the morning getting first day pictures and getting to know each other.

They got a kick out of the glasses!

No comments: