Sunday, January 16, 2011

MMEL Week 2

Still haven't found the lock I need for my mouth. But, I think the word I've been searching for is self-control. I did semi-well with the eating...till Thursday hit. I ended up at Wendy's for lunch. That in itself would have been okay if I had chosen a salad or one of the go-wraps. Nope. I went for the chicken sandwich kid's meal. Then, we hit Yogurtland. I did, however, skip my afternoon snack and ate a sandwich and salad for dinner.

I won't ruminate about the wedding reception we went to last night...where I paid $3 for valet parking after circling the parking lot and the parking garage and ending up leaving before we ate because not a table or chair was in sight for 4 of us to sit...or about how I wanted to vomit yesterday morning's breakfast at the sheer number of people milling about said reception...or about how we ended up at Tairyo Sushi and left $89 poorer (but oh what awesomely good sushi it was)...or about how I ate a scoop of perfect green tea ice cream at said dinner... we'll just move on.

I exercised 6 out of 7 days. {cheer}
Wii fit 30 minutes
Body Combat 100 minutes
treadmill 100 minutes

On Saturday, I did my 2nd ever 5k. If I wasn't so lazy, I would find the layout I did of my first 5k to check my time. I think it bordered on 1 hour. This 5k I finished in 51 minutes...that was just walking. One of these days I might feel brave enough to run some of it. Okay, I did run across the street when the light was changing at one intersection. The simple fact that I woke at 5-ish in the MORNING...before the sun woke up...should have counted for something in the move more department.

I've already blown the eating department today with lunch. We went out to celebrate Mark and Liz's 10th anniversary. I could have done without the 3 pieces of karaage chicken (they were bite-sized)and the bacon wrapped around the shrimp (3 of them). It wasn't ALL bad; just more than I should have. I will say that I brought home the other half of my lunch...the salmon part...for a meal on another day. So, I'll skip the snacks and pray I have some will power (aka self-control) at Obi's first birthday party this evening.

I'm not going to beat myself up about it.

Tomorrow is another day...

2 comments:

Jacquie said...

good for you for even trying. I got a Wii Fit for Christmas, and I really am enjoying it too!

Jennifer said...

you are doing a good job!! :)