Sunday, February 27, 2011

back in the groove

It took a week to finally feel human. Next time, I'm stopping in Hawaii for a day! I started putting together a mini album of my trip. Most of the pictures are of food. LOL I'm using the book I got from Amy Tan's first online workshop. I've been saving it for something special. I'll have pics of that next time.

I got to break into my February Studio Calico kits.
supplies: Studio Calico Candy Shoppe kit and add-ons, Jett alpha set, Mister Huey's sunshine; Jenni Bowlin ink in lemon drops, spice tin and soap powder; WRMK sew easy tools; DMC floss; and Martha Stewart butterfly border punch.

This is my friend John. I've known him since 1990...that's a LONG time! The last time we saw each other, I was in grad school and he was living in Hawaii. Luckily, I spent Christmas 2001 in Hawaii with my mom and Auntie Margaret. I got to see him often since we stayed at Ala Moana Hotel and he worked at Ala Moana Shopping Center. He told his co-workers I was his ex-girlfriend. I could never understand that since he plays for the other team, but whatever made him happy. That was the last time I saw him.

John was the first person I wanted to tell that I was going to be in Washington, D.C. He lives in Virginia and works in the D.C. area. Lucky me! I saw him the day I got into D.C. and one more time before I left. It was great fun and so heartwarming to know that we could just pick up right where we left off as if all this time hadn't passed by.

No comments: