Sunday, December 09, 2007

An awe inspiring weekend

I had a three-day weekend this weekend, but I was BUSY. ALL THREE DAYS. Friday was the Archdiocesan youth rally. As a chaperone for our parish youth to World youth day, I had to attend. It was a fabulous day, even if I was HOT in the baseball style t-shirt I had to wear. The cathedral basilica has some powerful air conditioners, but for some reason it was not cool! Must be because of the hundreds of teenagers milling around.

Yesterday was the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. On Guam, we all gather for a procession around the streets of Hagatna. Read about it here. For the first time in a while, it didn't rain...not even one drop.

Then today.....TODAY....we had the pleasure of hosting Jesse Manibusan in our parish. He made learning about our faith FUN. I love that he encouraged the youth and CCD students to be proud of their faith and not be afraid to show it and share it.

God is good...all the time.

No comments: