Saturday, March 27, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

If I knew what bees felt when they buzz about, I'll bet it's the same feeling I've had all week. The week before a break is always fraught with miles and miles of things to do all which lead to insomnia and needing lots of coffee. I am now officially on Spring Break! Three loads of laundry done. One layout completed. Two cards made. A decorative frame finished. I'm ready for some relaxation.

Here are two layouts I did with April's kit from The Scrapping Spot. The first one I did last weekend and the second today.
youandme

I used the EK Success swiss cheese punch on the bottom most patterned paper.

notlittle
Added turquoise stickles to the journaling spot.




butterflycard1
I made this butterfly card...purpose to be determined...using the design from a card made at a Stampin' Up card class. The brown ribbon came from my cousin Kim's wedding favors...all about re-purposing here. I ran a piece of cardstock through my original sizzix machine with the cuttlebug devine swirls folder and inked it with Bazzill ink. Love those butterflies!

I made this frame using scraps of paper and my Martha Stewart Royal butterfly punch. I also have the classic butterfly and 3-in-1 butterfly punches. Plus, I ordered the Stampin' Up butterfly punch because it goes with the "Flight of the Butterfly" stamp set.

happinessalways

I've been wanting to do this frame since I saw it on Ali Edwards' blog TWO years ago. I punched those butterflies months ago and bought the frame (came in a set of two) several weeks ago. I was determined to see this project come to light. The butterfly stamp in the background came from the "For All You Do" stamp set from Stampin' Up. The "happiness always" sentiment came from the "Whimsical Words" set from Sale-a-bration. I got that free!

It's almost time to get ready for Palm Sunday Mass...well, the vigil anyway.

No comments: