Thursday, March 11, 2010

I try to live my life with no regrets

I woke up yesterday and got ready as I always do for work...eyes half-open going about my business. I follow the same routine every morning so that I don't forget anything. The only thing I did differently was put on a pair of running shoes and made sure I put my wallet and Ms. Fix-it bag (it has everything from bandaids to stevia packets to benadryl spray to contact lens drops and more) into my camera bag.

My students were excited all day and for a good reason. The National Guard was bringing their rock wall to school! Anyone who had a signed permission form could climb! Quickly realizing that the lunch recess period was not enough time for all the eager students to climb since they could only climb 4 at a time, they agreed to stay till 2pm. We brought our kids back out after Math. My Math students behaved since they knew I would not hesitate to keep them in!

I seriously debated climbing the wall. I'm not too fond of heights as my friend Shannon can attest. I waited till after I dismissed my kids...to the bus and car rider area. THEN I climbed the wall. I didn't go all the way to the top. I had the audience I was hoping to avoid, only these hecklers were my co-workers. Much worse than having a few hundred students watching. Of course, the 2nd trip bus riders, after school program students and the kids already on the first group of buses could see as well. I was laughing too hard and sweat was dripping down my face. But, I climbed! Today I have the sore body to prove it. Climbing isn't as easy as it looks and takes every ounce of body strength. Here are some pictures, all taken in auto since I wanted them to be half-way decent.





Thanks, Jack, for taking the pictures. There was one unflattering butt shot, but that will never see the light of day!

No comments: